Time Reporting Process
UCSC has moved its payroll processing from a monthly payroll cycle to a bi-weekly payroll cycle, the first bi-weekly cycle begins 1/20/2013. Below are new instructions for your organization to properly report your employee’s time to the Financial Aid and Scholarship office (FASO) for processing. With the new bi-weekly cycle turnaround times are shorter and more frequent therefore we have designed a process to help facilitate a more efficient approval process.
- Ensure each student who worked, submits hours in CruzPay on their last working day of the pay period or the submission deadline.
- Verify that time submitted for each student accurately matches your internal accounting of Work-Study hours.
- Each employer will complete the Time Reporting Worksheet (TRW) on the last working day of the pay period and fax it to the FASO (831) 459-3628.
- We are no longer requiring you to forward individual timesheet for approval process; we are accepting a one page approval process. (See sample)
FASO will email the TRW prior to the end of each pay period.
- Each employer will locate and PRINT their TRW page.
- The report will be populated with your student names, you will need to insert the hours each student has worked for that pay period, sign and date at the bottom.
- Your TRW page with all hours must be received by FASO by approval deadline for student to be paid on time.
Late Timesheet submissions will result in a two week delay in pay to the student;
If a student fails to submit their timesheet in CruzPay prior to the cutoff date, it will require manual processing.
- The Student will log into CruzPay and print a paper timesheet.
- The Student will give you the timesheet for approval.
- The employer will fax the signed timesheet to FASO @ (831) 459-3628
For additional assistance, please contact Christine Camicia in the Financial Aid office at 831 459-4342 or firstname.lastname@example.org