ER Help Index
the ER System
for a Job
Can't Find a Job?
Policies & Procedures
Policies and Proceedures
Career Center Home
Accessing the Employee Request System
- Direct student link: http://www.careercenter.ucsc.edu/ers/erspub/
Direct staff link: http://www.careercenter.ucsc.edu/ers/ersstaff/
- To apply for a job, save an application, use the internship
listings or SlugQuest, you must be registered for the current term.
- New, transfer and re-admitted students will be able to log in until 10 days before the start
of the term for which they are registered. For Fall 2012, it is projected to be 9/11/12. The ER system updates about 4:30am. SlugQuest will be updated later in the day.
- Students on Leave of Absence may not apply for jobs
or use Career Center web systems. An exception is made for summer only
jobs if you were registered in Spring and will be returning in Fall.
You must contact Pete Norton at 459-4024 to be added to the system.
- Summer Session: Students registered for summer session only
must pay a $30.00 fee to use this on-line system and may apply for summer
only campus jobs. You must come to the Career Center, show proof of
summer session registration and complete a form. After payment is received,
these students will be entered into the system as an exception process.
You will not have access to other services.
- Your Student Identification Number or SID is a seven digit number
beginning with a '1' or '0'. This number is usually found at the top
right hand corner of an Admissions or Financial Aid letter sent to you
upon your admission to UCSC. It is also printed along the edge of your
student identification card, with the bar code, between the dashes.
If you do not have this number please call (831) 459-3939 or send a
help request via send a help request from this web site: http://ais.ucsc.edu/help/.
- Enter your 7 digit student ID with No dashes or spaces. Enter
seven numbers only, No "W".
- Your birth date in the form m/d/yy. Example: 3/27/92
Your birth date is maintained in your official student record
- See Policies and Procedures
for more information on eligibility.
- You may access the system from any computer with an Internet connection.
See Browser Requirements
- Contact Pete Norton 459-4024,
the system administrator, if you meet eligibility requirements and still
can't log in.
- Estimated Graduation Date:
- If you received a message that you estimated graduation date (EGD)
has passed, and you have not graduated, then the information contained
in the Academic Information System (AIS) is incorrect.
- This message will not prevent you from applying for jobs, but
the incorrect date will be included on your applications. You should
have this information corrected.
- If an undergraduate needs to change his/her EGD, they must do
so at their College Office. If a Graduate student needs to change
his/her EGD, they must go to the Registrar's
office to do so. This change is included on all applications
the day after it is entered into AIS.
- Students who have graduated may hold an existing job through the
summer only, but may not apply for a new job.
Note: The system updates student information nightly, so there
may be a 24 hour delay before you are able to apply for jobs.
Direct student link: http://www.careercenter.ucsc.edu/ers/erspub/