Having A Problem With Your Employer
If you have a problem or complaint about your employer, the Career Center will try to help you informally resolve the issue and can direct you on how to proceed with a formal complaint if the issue is not immediately resolved. Please see the complaint process in the Career Center Policies and Procedures manual. The Career Center contacts and other offices that can assist you are listed below.
- On-Campus and Work-Study Jobs:
For on-campus employment issues contact Barbara Silverthorne, Acting Career Center Director, through her assistant at (831) 459-4021, or directly at (831) 459-4590, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Off-Campus, Non Work-Study Jobs:
If you found an off-campus position through the Career Center's Job Board and are having problems with your employer, or if you are having employment issues, please contact Mark Yogi at (831) 459-4767, email@example.com.
- UCSC Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Office
- UCSC Title IX / Sexual Harassment Office
- UCSC Labor Relations (Staff HR)
- UCSC Staff HR Procedures manual - Complaint Resolution (pdf)
- UCSC Career Center Student Employment Policies and Procedures
- UCSC Student Judicial Affairs Office
- California Department of Fair Employment and Housing
- US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission