ER Help Index
the ER System
for a Job
Can't Find a Job?
Policies & Procedures
Policies and Proceedures
Career Center Home
A currently registered student may apply for
jobs and/or save up to 5 applications for future use. You will be able
to import this information directly into an application for a specific
job. You also have the option of making a saved application viewable to
potential hiring supervisors.
The first time you use the system, you will be asked to create a profile.
All information in the profile is included with every job application
and is updated for all applications every time you edit your profile.
You will be asked to confirm this information and may edit it every time
you log in to the ER system. To Edit your profile during the current session,
use the login/logout tab to log in again.
Saved / Public Applications:
- Each student may save up to 5 applications in the system. There
are two ways to save an application:
- Click the "My Applications" link and use the "Create
- After submitting an application for a job, if you didn't start
by importing saved information, you will be asked if you want to
save a copy of it for future use
- A saved application may be made viewable to hiring supervisors if
you check the appropriate box at the top of the application form. Note
that usually you must actually apply for a
job to be offered one.
- Try to give the application a meaningful name such as "Computer
Skills" or "Child Care" so that supervisors have a clue as to what
the application contains.
- You may also pick a category for the application to be listed
- If a supervisor sees your application and wants to interview you
for a job, they will contact you via email or phone and ask you
to apply for their job. You can not be hired directly from the saved
- Remove the "Public View" option from your applications
if you are no longer interested in receiving job offers.
- When applying for a job, you will have an opportunity to import the
information from any one of your saved applications into the job application.
Important items of note:
- After you are hired, but before you may start working, you must bring
these required documents to Career
Center to get on payroll.
- The following information is supplied to hiring supervisors and is
updated nightly from the UCSC SIS system. This information is not
entered by the student on the application:
- SID (student ID number)
- Standing (freshmen, sophomore, etc.)
- EGD (estimated graduation date - the first 2 numbers are the year
and the next number is the term.)
- Financial Aid Award (work-study only)
- The following application fields are taken from the student profile,
stored in the ER system. You are asked to confirm and update this information
every time you use the system to apply for a job or create/edit a saved
application. All of the fields are updated for every application every
time you make changes.
- Email address
- Address fields
- Phone number fields
- Citizenship and Visa status
- Relatives employed at UCSC
- Previous UCSC employment
- Convictions and description
- Students may not access or change any fields in the rest of the job
application after it has been submitted for a specific job.
- Supervisors will not have access to applications from students who
are no longer registered.