Thank You Letters
* Email your thank you note within 24 hours of the interview.
Many companies make their hiring decision quickly, so get the thank you note to them right after your interview. You can follow the email thank you with a hard-copy version if you wish in plain thank you card or printed on plain white stationery.
* If you interview with several people, send a thank you to each one.
You can make it similar to each person, but vary at least a sentence or two to individualize the letters in case your recipients compare notes.
* Spell-check, proofread, and have someone else proofread it before you send it.
* Avoid borrowing a letter from a book or web site, it could be recognized.
* Reiterate your interest in and a couple of key qualifications for the job in your letter.
* A thank-you note could make or break your chances of getting a job.
SAMPLE THANK YOU LETTERS - JOB INTERVIEWS
THANK YOU LETTERS - INFORMATION INTERVIEWS