***CUIP Requires 2 letters of recommendation (personal, academic, or professional)
The two letters of recommendation required can also be submitted through one of the following methods:
- Email directly from the author at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line should read: CUIP for (First name, Last name)
- Faxes directly from the author at (831) 459-3860
- Attach Letters of Recommendation in the document section of your SlugQuest application, letters must be signed by author and a notifying email to email@example.com must be sent
- Signed letters are accepted at the Career Center office, 305 Bay Tree Bldg.
- Or mailed to:
CUIP/UCSC Career Center
1156 High Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95064
LETTERS SHOULD NOT BE FROM THE THIRD PARTY (YOU, THE APPLICANT) UNLESS THE LETTER IS SEALED AND SIGNED.
How to Request a Reference Letter:
- Ask for a reference letter from people who know you and your capabilities, such as professors, community college instructors, advisors or counselors, job/internship/volunteer work supervisors, or influential friends who have known you for a long time. Relatives are not a good choice.
- Give your letter writer a copy of your resume so they know what you have done
- Be sure to give the people you ask enough time to write the reference letter; a minimum of at least one month would be appreciated.
- Tell the people who agree to write letters for you about what type of internship(s) or job(s) you are interested in so they understand what they could write that would help you to achieve those goals.
- Once you receive your reference letters, send the writers thank you notes. You should also let writers know about your subsequent success and how much their letters helped you to attain your goal
- For more information about Recommendation Letters
- Suggestions for Reference Letter Writers