CUIP Resources for Mentors
- CUIP Guidelines
- What Interns Learn
- Intern Agreement with CUIP
Completed by intern with CUIP Staff upon acceptance of position
- Internship Contract with mentor
Completed by mentor and intern when internship begins
- Timesheets (pdf)
Due the first of each month
- Mentor Year End Evaluation (pdf) Incorporated into final narrative evaluation for the course
- Propose an Internship for next year; Mentor Proposals
When the internship is offered to the intern by the CUIP program staff in Spring, the intern will sign an Intern Agreement with the CUIP program.
When the internship begins, a contract and working agreement between the mentor and the intern are negotiated, signed and turned in to the CUIP program staff by the end of October. Documents to guide initial discussions between mentors and interns about mutual expectations are available here:
- Assessing your personal expectations for mentors (pdf)
- Making the most of the Mentor/Intern relationship - an exercise designed for mentors and interns to complete together
- Preparation for Working Agreement between Mentor and Intern- (pdf)
Mentors are expected to provide interns with informal evaluations at the end of each quarter and a year end written evaluation which is incorporated into the intern's final narrative evaluation for the course:
- Mentor Year End Evaluation Outline (pdf) to be incorporated into final narrative evaluation for the course.
Check out the CUIP FAQ on the CUIP home page for more information regarding program requirements and intern compensation.