UC Center Sacramento (UCCS)
Academics, Research and Public Service
UCSC students spend a quarter in Sacramento taking courses and interning with students from the other UC campuses! APPLICATIONS ARE EARLY -- see deadlines below!
- Available to Juniors and Seniors
- Each UC campus selects its own undergraduate Scholar Intern
- Earn credits while particpating at the UC Center Sacramento
- Internships created just for you and based on your interests
- OPEN to ALL MAJORS
- UC Center Sacramento: uccs.ucdavis.edu
** Spring 2017 - Thursday, January 26, 2017
** Summer 2017 - Deadline Extended: Friday, March 10, 2017
Qualifications and application include:
- Junior or Senior standing must be achieved before entrance into the program
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Resume: Include jobs, internships, volunteer work, activities and relevant course work. Make sure your resume is no longer than one page
- Official transcript with evaluations OR Unofficial copies ok, you can print from your student portal. Include copies from ALL post secondary schools attended. All transcripts must include your name
- Several campus signatures REQUIRED before submitting the application this includes:
- ACADEMIC APPROVAL FROM HOME CAMPUS - your major undergraduate adviser signs this section
- REGISTRAR APPROVAL FROM HOME CAMPUS - the Registra's office signature is needed in this section, make sure the resident or non-resident box is checked
- FACULTY ENDORSEMENT (download form with the application) this needs to be SIGNED by a FACULTY (not a TA or staff) on a separate page provide TWO ADDITIONAL references.
- Contact a faculty who is familiar with you and your academics and can vouch for your ability to excel in the program and in this environment. Additional references should be people who know you well and can speak to your ability to succeed in this environment, like an employer, staff or other faculty who know you.
- Personal essay: What experiences, skills, and knowledge do you hope to gain from a Quarter/Summer spent interning in Sacramento and why? Please be as specific as possible. Provide examples of activities or experiences that show you are prepared for the professional, academic, and personal challenges of the program. (350 word limit)
Details on the program and to download the UCCS application at:
Undergraduate applications are submitted to Sheila at the UCSC Career Center.
If you have questions contact:
Sheila Rodriguez, Career Coach
UCSC Career Center
305 Bay Tree Bldg.
Santa Cruz, CA 95064
email@example.com -- (831) 459-2184