On-Campus Interviewing & Recruitment
What is OCI?
OCI is an acronym for the On-Campus Interview program. This program gives students the opportunity to interview with a wide variety of companies for internships and full-time positions on campus at the Career Center. These are not practice interviews - real employers are here interviewing students for real jobs. Many employers begin recruiting for spring graduates and summer internships during the Fall & Winter quarters.
Who can participate?
OCI is open to ALL currently enrolled UCSC students.
How do I apply?
Students must create a user profile in SlugQuest to sign up for OCI. OCI jobs are posted on SlugQuest. You can limit your search results to OCI jobs only by selecting "Campus Interviews I Qualify For" from the "Shortcuts" menu on the SlugQuest home page. Each employer will assign a deadline date to apply. Employers may also schedule an OCI based on candidates they meet at a career fair. In this case, the OCI job may not be posted on SlugQuest so be sure to come to the career fairs!
- Submit your resume early. Employers can close resume submission at any time.
- Attend all events where you can meet employers such as information sessions, career fairs, workshops, club events, panels, etc.
- To prepare, attend Career Center workshops such as resume writing, interview techniques, etc (even if you have already been to one!)
- OCI is open to currently enrolled UCSC students only.
- Submit resumes to positions of interest prior to the deadline posted on each job listing in SlugQuest. Late submission requests will not be accommodated.
- Select interview time slots during the indicated time frame.
- Withdraw or cancel an interview via SlugQuest prior to the interview schedule closing date.
- Students are expected to wear professional attire to interviews. The Career Center reserves the right to cancel interviews for students who are dressed inappropriately when they arrive.
- If you cannot make your interview, you are expected to contact the recruiter and the Career Center (831) 459-4420. If you do not call or email to cancel you will be subject to the No-Show Policy.
Students who fail to show for their scheduled interview and have not contacted the Career Center and recruiter beforehand will be subject to the following:
- Email apology to the recruiter with cc to email@example.com explaining the reason for not showing up and cancelling in advance.
- If student does not comply with the No-Show Policy, their access to SlugQuest and OCI opportunities may be denied at the discretion of the Career Center.
Positions Available: Entry Level Management Trainee
Interview Date: May 6, 2014
Application Process: Apply via SlugQuest
Monterey Bay Aquarium
Positions Available: Conservation and Science, Education and Guest Programs, Exhibitions, Human Resources, Husbandry, Information Systems, Marketing and Communications, Research and Development and Volunteers
Interview Date: May 8, 2014
Moss Adams - Mock Interviews
Come learn more about an organization and meet company representatives. Information Sessions are opportunities for you to get a realistic, insider's viewpoint of work life in a specific industry and are less formal than interviews. Any UCSC student interested in the employer is welcome to attend. All Information Sessions, unless indicated otherwise, are located at the Career Center located on the 3rd floor of the Bay Tree Building.
Theranos Information Session
May 22, 2014
Cervantes & Velasquez Conference Room
May 27, 2014
City Year Information Session
May 28, 2014
Cervantes & Valasquez Conference Room
June 2, 2014