Become UCSC's Next Student Regent & Designate
DUE to Chancellor's Office (Kerr Hall)
February 23, 2012
What does a Student Regent & Designate do?
Who are the previous Student Regents? (pdf)
2013-2014 On-Line Application Students can complete the application on line, but must print it out and submit it in paper, along with their essay responses and resume, to the Chancellors office by February 17th, 2011.
Early Preparation & Suggestions:
- Get started early by answering the essay questions from the application.
- Start preparing your professional resume. Check out previous Student Regent's resume.
- Come to an orientation, workshop, or special event.
- Get involved in Student Leadership (UCSA, SUA, GSA, SOAR, College Gov't, Academic Senate committees) representational opportunities and Community Service oriented volunteer activities on and off campus.
- Learn about the current state-wide UC issues by viewing the minutes of the UC Regents meetings at http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/regents/minutes/welcome.html
- Learn about the impact of the State budget shortfall on UC system and UCSC (addressing one of the essay questions on application) by clicking here: http://www.ucsc.edu/news_events/budget_impact/
- Come visit the Career Center library to view the videos of the Student Regents Adam Rosenthal & Maria Ledesma's visit (2/3/06), Jodi Anderson & Adam Rosenthal's presentation to UCSC Students (1/27/05), Matthew Murray & Jodi Anderson's visit (1/30/04); Matthew Murray's visit on 10/27/03; Town Hall Meeting & meetings @ UCSC with previous Student Regent Dexter Ligot-Gordon (11/15/02, 1/30/03 & 1/31/03).
- Listen in to the audio broadcast of the upcoming Regents' Meeting,: http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/regents/meetings.html
- Read the "Voices" of previous Student Regents (& others): http://students.berkeley.edu/osl/studentorganizations.asp?id=1588&rcol=1580
UC Office of the President:
For additional information regarding the Student Regent position, visit the UC Office of the President's web site: http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/regents/studentreg.html
Lucy Rojas, email@example.com or (831) 459-1676