SlugQuest User Instructions
The On-Campus Interviewing (OCI) Program offers UC Santa Cruz students the opportunity to interview with a variety of employers each term. Accessing OCI requires registration through SlugQuest. After registration, students will be able to search for jobs and internships and sign up for on-campus interviews.
USER INSTRUCTIONS FOR SLUGQUEST
1. Login to SlugQuest at: sso
2. Register for an account and submit your registration.
3. Upload documents including your resume, cover letter and unofficial transcripts.
4. View the list of employer interviews under the Quick Links area on your SlugQuest homepage and select all on-campus interviews.
5. There are two types of on-campus interviews: Open: on a first-come first served basis, qualified applicants sign up for an interview time slot and submit a resume. Preselect: applicants meeting the company requirements may submit a resume. The company recruiter will review submitted resumes and if you are selected for an interview an email will be sent to you.
6. Search for position you are interested in interviewing for and follow the steps to submit your resume and apply for the position.
7. To sign up for an interview, login to SlugQuest and select the My Interviews tab and then select the Interview Requests. If you were pre-selected, sign up for an interview time slot within the established deadlines posted on the schedule. Select the Scheduled Interview tab and then select the interview affected, and resubmit your resume or withdraw. If the sign-up or resume submission deadline has passed, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. On the day of your scheduled interview, go to the third floor of the UCSC Career Center at least ten minutes prior to your interview time and sign in with the receptionist. Wait in the lobby area for the company recruiter.
9. UCSC Cancellation/No Show Policy: Failure to cancel your on-campus interview prior to the sign-up withdrawal deadline date (two days before the interview) or not showing up for your scheduled interview time will result in the loss of your interviewing privileges.
10. Need help? For other types of assistance, please call (831) 459-4420, or visit the Career Center M-F, 8:00-5:00.
Recommended, but not required:
- Have a Career Adviser review your draft resume with you. Refer to the Workshop and Advising Schedule on the Career Center web site for walk-in advising dates and times.
- Resume, Interviewing, and Job Search workshops are available each quarter. Refer to the Workshop and Advising Schedule on the Career Center web site for workshop times. The workshop handout is also available at the Career Center.
The deadline for canceling an interview is noon, two (2) working days before the interview. Call the Career Center at 459-4420 to cancel. If an emergency or illness prevents you from keeping your appointment, call the Career Center before 9:00 am the day you are scheduled to interview. Any cancellation without appropriate notice is a considered a no-show. A no-show requires that you write a letter of apology to the employer within two (2) business days following the interview date and bring it to the Career Center's receptionist for mailing. A second no-show will result in your being barred from interviewing for the remainder of the quarter, a third no-show for the remainder of the year.
Questions may be directed to email@example.com