Career Center advising services are available to UCSC students who are registered for the current term and Career Center Alumni Access card holders. Eligibility Details
- Choosing a major and linking majors to careers
- Exploring career options and developing your career goals
- Finding internship and employment opportunities
- Applying to graduate and professional school programs
- Job search strategies including: resumes, cover letters, interviewing skills, and how to conduct a successful job search.
Schedule a 30 minute career advising appointment - click on the "Request an appointment" button on your SlugQuest home page once you have logged in.
Trained peer advisers can critique your resume, cover letter and help you find on and off campus jobs on the Career Center web site and provide an overview of our services. Log into SlugQuest to sign up for a peer advising appointment, or see drop in hours below.
Peer Adviser page
Drop-in hours for these services:
Wednesday: 9am-12pm; 1:30pm-4:30pm
Job Search only:
To make an appointment with an adviser specializing in your major or area of interest, schedule an express advising appointment through SlugQuest, or contact the adviser directly via email:
Career Adviser for Social Science, Pre-Law and Graduate Students
(831) 459-2057 email@example.com
Career Adviser for Arts, Humanities, Education & Environmental Studies
(831) 459-4839 firstname.lastname@example.org
Internship Adviser & CUIP, UCCS programs
(831) 459-2184 email@example.com
NO CALL, NO-SHOW POLICY
Students and alumni who miss individual appointments without contacting their adviser prior to their appointment time will not be allowed to reschedule their appointment. You must instead schedule an "Express Appointment" through SlugQuest.