Drop in career advising is available upon request at the Career Center reception desk, 3rd Floor of the Bay Tree Building.
- Drop in hours: Monday through Friday 2:00-4:00 pm
- Drop in advising is only for Resume and/or Cover Letter Critiques and coaching on navigating SlugQuest and other Career Center resources.
- NOTE: There will be NO Drop-in Advising on Tues. April 15th due to our Spring Job and Internship Fair
For all other career-related issues, please make an Express Advising appointment with one of the Career Advisers through SlugQuest. See instructions below.
Schedule a 30 minute career advising appointment for various topics. Log in to your SlugQuest account using your user name and gold password and click on "request an appointment" on the right side of the page. Select the appropriate adviser and a topic for your appointment and fnd a day and time that works with your schedule*.
No-Call No-Show Policy:
Students and alumni who miss individual appointments without contacting their adviser ahead of time will not have priority to reschedule. Please keep in mind that missing an appointment without notifying your adviser is not only unprofessional, but doing so denies another student of an opportunity for career advising.
*If you are not able to find an appointment slot that works with your schedule or should you have a specific question about advising, contact an adviser directly via email:
Danielle Mello *Email for appointment Sp14
Internship Adviser & CUIP, UCCS programs
- Choosing a major and linking majors to careers
- Exploring career options and developing your career goals
- Finding internship and employment opportunities
- Applying to graduate and professional school programs
- Job search strategies including: resumes, cover letters, interviewing skills, and how to conduct a successful job search.
Career Center advising services are available to UCSC students who are registered for the current term and Career Center Alumni Access card holders. Click here for Eligibility Details.