Drop in career advising is available upon request at the Career Center reception desk, 3rd Floor of the Bay Tree Building.
- Drop in hours: Monday through Friday 9 to 11:30 am and 1:30 to 4 pm
- Drop in advising is only for Resume and/or Cover Letter Critiques and coaching on navigating SlugQuest and other Career Center resources.
For all other career-related issues, please make an Express Advising appointment with one of the Career Advisers through SlugQuest. See instructions below.
Schedule a 30 minute career advising appointment for various topics. Log in to your SlugQuest account using your user name and gold password and click on "request an appointment" on the right side of the page. Select the appropriate adviser and a topic for your appointment and fnd a day and time that works with your schedule. If you are not able to find an appointment slot that works with your schedule or should you have a specific question about advising, contact an adviser directly via email:
Career Adviser for Social Science, Pre-Law and Graduate Students
Danielle Mello *On leave for Winter 2014
Internship Adviser & CUIP, UCCS programs
NO CALL, NO-SHOW POLICY
Students and alumni who miss individual appointments without contacting their adviser prior to their appointment time will not be able to reschedule immediately, and will need to find the next available "Express Advising" appointment in SlugQuest.
- Choosing a major and linking majors to careers
- Exploring career options and developing your career goals
- Finding internship and employment opportunities
- Applying to graduate and professional school programs
- Job search strategies including: resumes, cover letters, interviewing skills, and how to conduct a successful job search.
Career Center advising services are available to UCSC students who are registered for the current term and Career Center Alumni Access card holders. Click here for Eligibility Details.