Network with Professionals
Career Advice Network (CAN)
A UCSC Career Center database of mainly UCSC alumni, with some staff, parents and community members willing to provide information interviews to share career information about their perspective fields. This is not a job placement site, but a way to network and gather career information and insights.
Join the world’s largest professional network, connect with trusted contacts to:
- Learn more of your field of interest
- Build professional relationships including UCSC alums
- Find leads and/or job opportunities
- Join the UCSC Career Center Linked In Group
- Learn how to create a professional profile that are viewed by employers and recruiters
- It’s free and easy to register
- You have total control of your site
- Visit LinkedIn today, make opportunities more accessible to you!
Information Interview Guide
Information interviewing is a strategy to use when exploring career fields and building a network in a career field that interests you. Meet with people to ask for information, not a job. It is the job seeker's equivalent of market research. It is essential for learning about fields and job functions that fit your talents. This guide tell you how to ask for an information interview and sample question you can ask when you meet with a professional
Multicultural Career Conference
The Multicultural Career Conference (MCC) has provided students of color and low-income students an opportunity to bridge the gap between the university and careers by connecting with alumni of color. Students establish mentor relationships with alumni who have successfully made it through UC Santa Cruz and into the workplace or graduate school. One of the most striking aspects about the conference is that students network with alumni, in person.