CUIP Application Process
**Please start early and give yourself plenty of time to apply**
The application consist of:
- cover letter (s)
- two letters of recommendation (LOR) (personal, academic, or professional) - Reference Letter Guide
- If we do not receive both Letters of recommendation we will contact you, if you do not hear from us, your application has been sent.
- LETTERS SHOULD NOT BE FROM THE THIRD PARTY (YOU, THE APPLICANT) UNLESS THE LETTER IS SEALED AND SIGNED!
DEADLINE: Thursday, FEBRUARY 13th, 2014 -- by 5 PM
Applicants are REQUIRED to complete the CUIP orientation (available in January) to have access to the internship positions:
Submitting your on-line application:
- To have access to the CUIP positions you must complete the REQUIRED CUIP ORIENTATION (available in January) AND log into and complete your SlugQuest personal and academic profile
- Upload your resume and cover letter(s) in the documen section in SlugQuest.
- IF YOU DO NOT UPLOAD YOUR DOCUMENTS FIRST YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO APPLY!
- Apply for no more than FOUR internships on-line To apply sign into SlugQuest:
- select Jobs & Internships tab
- select SlugQuest Jobs & Internship button
- under position type select CUIP in the drop-down box
- review and select your four internships
- Select apply while in the internship position, upload resume, cover letter, and if not already submitted attach the letters of recommendation (LOR) under the documents option you have already uploaded to SlugQuest or see other LOR options below
- DEADLINE: Thursday, February 13th, 2014 -- by 5 pm
The two letters of recommendation required can also be submitted through one of the following methods:
- Emails directly from the author are accepted at email@example.com
- Faxes directly from the author are accepted at (831) 459-3860
- Attach Letters of Recommendation in the document section of your SlugQuest application, letters must be signed by author and an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating you have attached the LORs
- Signed letters are accepted at the Career Center office, 305 Bay Tree Bldg.
- Or mailed to:
CUIP/UCSC Career Center
1156 High Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95064
For assistance writing the cover letter and resume take advantage of the Career Center resources:
- Schedule an express advising appointment through SluqQuest
OR drop in for advising (1st come 1st serve)
- Review the on-line examples of cover letters and resumes
- For tips on how to ask for a letter of recommendation, letters must be signed by author
- Any additional help or questions please email email@example.com or call 831-459-3973.
- CUIP Program Coordinator office hours: Tuesday and Thursdays 2-5:30pm Wednesday and Fridays 10:00 am-12:00pm. Please email ahead at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student applications due - Thursday, February 13th, 2014 by 5 pm
- Applicant names will be confirmed for good academic and judicial standing
- Resumes and cover letters of qualified applicants will be forwarded to mentors for review
- Interviews begin Mid-March-April
- Fill out the Selection Survey in April
- Selection Survey for CUIP interns (will open in new window)
- Decisions made in May
- Internships begin Fall 2014