CUIP Application Process
- Need help applying to CUIP?
- Do you have questions about getting two letters of recommendation?
- Do you need a cover letter and resume, or do you need a cover letter/resume critique?
Come to the CUIP workshop! (See flyer here)
Location: At the Career Center in the Esselen Nation Conference Room
Dates & Times:
Friday: 01/08/2016 12:00 - 1:00 PM
Friday: 01/22/2016 12:00 - 1:00 PM
Friday: 02/05/2016 12:00 - 1:00 PM
(if you are not able to make it on Fridays, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment)
**Please start early and give yourself plenty of time to apply**
The application consists of:
1. Required Orientation
2. Cover letter (s)
4. Two letters of recommendation- please review the regulations of Letters of recommendation
- DEADLINE: Thursday, February 11th, 2016 -- by 5 PM
Applicants are REQUIRED to complete the CUIP orientation to have access to the internship positions (Complete the orientation to qualify for these postions and to get rid of the "You do not qualify for this job" notification in SlugQuest).
Submitting your on-line application:
- To have access to the CUIP positions you must complete the REQUIRED CUIP ORIENTATION AND log into and complete your SlugQuest personal and academic profile
- Upload your resume and cover letter(s) in the document section in SlugQuest.
- IF YOU DO NOT UPLOAD YOUR DOCUMENTS FIRST YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO APPLY!
- Apply for no more than FOUR internships on-line
- To apply sign into SlugQuest:
- select Jobs & Internships tab
- select SlugQuest Jobs & Internship button
- under position type select CUIP in the drop-down box
- review and select your four internships
- Select apply while in the internship position, upload resume, cover letter, and if not already submitted attach the letters of recommendation (LOR) under the documents option you have already uploaded to SlugQuest or see other LOR option.
For assistance writing the cover letter and resume take advantage of the Career Center resources:
- Schedule an express advising appointment through SluqQuest
OR drop in for advising (1st come 1st serve)
- Review the on-line examples of cover letters and resumes
- For tips on how to ask for a letter of recommendation, letters must be signed by author
- Any additional help or questions please email email@example.com or call 831-459-3973.
- CUIP Program Coordinator office hours: TBA
- Student applications due - Thursday, February 11th, 2016 by 5 pm
- Applicant names will be confirmed for good academic and judicial standing
- Resumes and cover letters of qualified applicants will be forwarded to mentors for review
- Interviews begin Mid-March-April
- Fill out the Selection Survey in April
- Decisions made in May
- Internships begin Fall 2016